7.30.2006

Rocket Fingers

On Saturday i went out into the heat wave, on my bike, to pick up some artwork from my old teacher Jordin Isip from some gallery shows i was in. I never got to scan this one because I just plain forgot to before I dropped it off, so I thought I would post it now. I really like this piece. As I've been just sort of churning out stuff out and getting it done last minute, I've realized that I don't get to enjoy my own artwork. I finish it and then its gone. I don't have anytime to enjoy it. This is something that I have to work on. Its just another reason not to work up to the last minuet. I mean I don't put things off to the last minute, but like in the case of the tentacle lady, sometimes I start things that I don't have enough time to finish.

So the reason for picking up this artwork is because I am going to be showing work in Niagara Bar on August 17th, one night only, from 8pm till the bar closes. I think there are 6 artists showing in all and like 2 bands playing so it should be a good time.

No comments: